Basil Essential Oil
This herb is found in a variety of dishes and is popular in both Asian and European cooking. With Basil essential oil, it’s easy to add this well-loved seasoning to whatever you like. Using an essential oil, you can get a brighter flavour than dried herbs without the hassle of fresh herbs.
Retail Price: $55.55
Wholesale Price: $42.25
How to Use
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Culinary: Young Living’s Basil essential oil pairs well with savoury foods, but you can add its sweet, slightly peppery flavour to any meal. Try Basil essential oil with sauces, breads, soups, chicken, or seafood, or try a sweet concoction like basil-strawberry lemonade. If you want a lighter basil flavour in your dish, dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl it in your preparations.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- Flavour your favourite pasta sauce recipes with Basil essential oil. Add Rosemary essential oil or Oregano essential oil for even more flavour.
- Add to deli salads, Asian- or Italian-inspired soups, and custom salad dressings or vinaigrettes to share with family and friends.
- Boil pasta noodles in basil-infused water for a subtle flavour.
- Pair with lime juice and melons, such as watermelon and rockmelon, for a fresh summer treat. For a more complex flavour profile, garnish with feta cheese.
- Mix with a mild tea, such as chamomile. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the experience.
- Put 3-5 drops of Basil oil in each of your shoes to keep them smelling fresh. If your shoes have plastic or leather soles, put the oil onto a cotton ball and leave it overnight.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil