Bergamot Essential Oil
Cold pressed from the fresh bergamot fruit that gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavour, Bergamot essential oil has a fresh, complex citrus taste that makes it the perfect addition to many summer dishes. With a distinctly tart finish, it can also liven up sugarless baked goods. The taste of the Bergamot essential oil is somewhere between a sour orange and lemon, making it a distinctive, zesty addition to seafood recipes.
Bergamot’s aroma is tart yet sweet, and uplifting yet relaxing, making it a popular oil in perfumes, cosmetics, and lotions. In addition to its scent, Bergamot has attracted attention for its cleansing properties, and it’s often used as a luxurious ingredient in shampoos, soaps, and cleansers. However, because Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying the oil before spending time outside.
You can also find Bergamot oil in Young Living blends such as Joy™, Harmony™, and Acceptance™.
Retail Price: $59.20
Wholesale Price: $45.00
How to Use
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. May cause photosensitivity. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 72 hours after applying product.
Culinary: Add a few drops to recipes for a light, citrus flavour.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- Diffuse at home, in the classroom, or while working to create an uplifting, positive environment.
- Place in the palms of your hands and inhale to experience a calming aroma during unsettling times.
- Combine a couple of drops with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use for an invigorating massage.
- Add to your nightly skin care regimen to create the appearance of smoother-looking skin. Keep in mind that Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid sun exposure for up to 72 hours after any application.
- Include a few drops in homemade cleaners to add an uplifting aroma to your chores.
- Several times during grilling, brush seafood with olive oil infused with a few drops of Bergamot.
- In baked goods recipes that call for citrus zest, add an unexpected twist by stirring in a drop of Bergamot for every teaspoon of zest.
- Add 1–2 drops of Bergamot oil to Blue Agave natural sweetener and drizzle the mixture over muffins and tarts.
- Deodorise your fridge: half-fill a small container with baking soda and 5-10 drops of Bergamot essential oil, and leave it in the fridge with the lid off.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil